Thursday, February 9, 2012

Its bigger than us.

A couple weeks ago I was wasting some time on facebook, and I came around this story. Elaine Lowe is someone who I would consider a hero; she was able and willing to run through her chemo treatments. It is so important to pay attention to things you see and hear like this. I think it can be difficult for most people to keep others in mind on a daily basis. I know this is something I struggle with every day, I keep thinking that what I am doing is the hardest and most important thing in the entire world, and no one can understand me.
But lets be real; my life is not that difficult. The things that go well in my life far outweigh the bad. But it takes being able to take a step back from my life and thinking about others and what they go through to be able to put my life in perspective.
 When you get to a difficult part in your life, you have to realize that it is something that is bigger than you. How you make it through is your own business, but remember there are always people watching. Sometimes the smallest thing is what makes a huge difference in someone else's life. I am sure Elaine did not keep running because she thought some college girl would read about it and get inspired. But that is what happened; life is funny that way.
I realize this is slightly rambling, and I am sorry for that. But this is something that means so much to me that I cannot get my thoughts straight enough to write them down. I hope I am getting my point across, which is that while your troubles are a big deal and you should worry about them, there is more to life than just that. Open your eyes to the world around you and see what others are going through too. And demonstrating strength and grace in a difficult time does more than help you, it can work in ways you never thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment