Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back from Panama-Burned but Happy

Hello Everyone!

Spring break is over, and now it is time to get back to work. The track training group was...interesting this year. It was a lot of work trying to combine the Men's and Women's team into one cohesive unit, but I think it went pretty well. The coaches and captains learned what to do better for next year, and I think we are much more prepared for the rest of the year. I had a great time; I did not get the work done that I needed to but it was still a great last spring break. My training went pretty well, here is what I did each day.

Saturday: race was cancelled, 4.7 miles run
Sunday: traveling
Monday: 6 400's with 200 job. avg 95
Tuesday: 50 minute run, 5.7 miles
Wednesday: tried to run, got a painful shin massage
Thursday: ran 20 minutes, walked 20 minutes
Friday: pre-race on the track
Saturday: My first race! 5k in 20:54

My parents showed up at the race, which was amazing of them. I was down in Alabama, so it was a 12 hour drive for them. I was super nervous for it, and to be able to see my parents before and after the race was so important to me. I know it helped me run faster, so thanks mama rita and thomas! <3 you. One of my teammates  got a pretty good picture of me, so I took it off facebook :) Thanks Lindy! I think it shows a lot of Albion Power...we will just ignore the fact that Amanda is lapping me. Also, notice my wonderful new racing flats, they are my first pair of shoes that are both comfortable and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment